Monday, March 31, 2008

March 28, 2008 - Whangarei

We arrived back in Whangarei last night. Our six week road trip was great, and we came back refreshed and ready to get back to work. We were relieved to find the boat just as we left her. On deck she's a bit dirtier than before. Down below she's still a disaster, with half-completed projects all over the place. The first order of business was to chase down a package of parts that Suzy sent to us. During my first call to NZ Customs I misheard the name of the female customs agent with whom I was speaking. I called back a few minutes later and had the following conversation:
"Hi, I was just speaking with one of the agents. I think her name was Winnie or Wendy. Is there anyone there by that name?"
"No."
"How about Trinnie?"
"Nobody here by that name."
"I'm just trying to pass along my cell phone number to the agent with whom I was speaking before, so that she can call me back."
"Well, if you don't know her name, I don't know how I can help you."
"If you could just list off the female agents working there this morning, I'm sure I could pick out her name."
"There's only one woman here this morning - Holly."
Seriously.

No comments: