Friday, March 02, 2007

February 2, 2007 - Young Island Cut to Bequia, SVG

Since we had so much fun on the bus the other day, we thought Suzy should get to experience it as well. We all piled aboard and enjoyed the ride as the driver sang along to gospel music. While Sten and Suzy went to pick up her bag, I hit the grocery store.

While checking out the woman behind me in line commented on the giant canvas tote that I carry for provisioning and hauling laundry. "Did you get that in England?" "No, it is from LL Bean, a company in the US," I responded. "My mother-in-law, who is standing over there, gave me a set of these before we left the states." The lady nodded knowingly, "Of course it is American . . . it is huge." That's us, the super-size-me nation.

Loaded down with luggage and groceries, we headed back to Young Island Cut. We quickly stowed everything, and headed over to Bequia. We had a nice downwind, one hour sail into Admiralty Bay. We anchored in Lower Bay, and we all enjoyed a swim before dinner.

No comments: